Welcome to Sue’s Cat Sitting Service.
My name is Sue and I started the business in 2016, after cat sitting for friends and family for years. I have two cats of my own, Holly & O’Malley and I know how hard it is to leave them when you go away on holiday.
I am reliable and trustworthy. This is so important when looking for the right person to look after your cat. I offer a professional and personal service taking care of your cat in its own home while you are away. I am DBS/CRB checked, fully insured and I am the only person that will be caring for your pet.
Please take a look at my website and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
6/1/21 Covid 19 Update
I will not be taking on any bookings during this lockdown period.
I will however be taking details of anyone who has a job for later in the year and making a provisional booking for after lockdown has ended. Once out of lockdown I will contact you to confirm the booking and take a deposit from you.
COVID-19 – Update 7/9/20
How does the coronavirus affect Sues Cat Sitting Service?
“My top priority is the safety of all my customers and their beloved pets”
- Going forward for new customers I will be doing my meet & greets digitally or over the telephone, rather than face to face. We will be able to talk about the process and you can show me where everything is through a video chat/message or tell me via our telephone conversation. I will email or message you the Pet Information sheet & Client Information sheet for you to fill in and leave in the house for me on my first visit.
- I will ask that all customers drop their key off at my home, through the letterbox, in an envelope with their name on it, at a time that is convenient for themselves, to avoid face to face contact.
- During the pandemic I will be wearing a pair of disposable gloves for every cat sitting visit.
- Please leave everything I will need in one place to minimise my movement around the home. It goes without saying that I will keep all areas as clean as possible.
- If the cat owner is living in shared accommodation, ideally they should ask their flatmates or family member to look after the cat/s. At the moment I am unwilling to enter a home while someone is staying in it while you are away.
- I am aware that this is an unprecedented situation, so for any reason you need to cancel your booking a full refund will be given or a credit note for your next booking.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any queries or enquiries. Let’s hope that sometime soon we can return to a more normal life